Click on the questions below to reveal each respective answer.
No. There is no law in Alabama that requires embalming, however, there might be a requirement if you select certain funeral arrangements. Should religion or culture prohibit embalming then normally the body is buried within 24 hours after death.
We feel the visitation is a very critical step toward the healing process. When family and friends are invited to the visitation, it provides the opportunity of sharing stories and memories of the deceased as well as establishing just what that person's life meant in everyone's life.
Yes. Organ donation does not mean that you must have a closed casket. No matter the extent of the medical procedure facilitating organ removal, a trained and licensed embalmer makes every effort possible to ensure the integrity of the deceased's appearance will not be compromised. Sometimes the complexity of the organ retrieval procedures and the length of time it would take for the medical team to respond will cause a minor time delay in setting the visitation and funeral time.
The State of Alabama says that the funeral home only has to put 70% of your prearranged money into either Insurance or Trust allowing the funeral home to use the remaining 30% if it so chooses. This 30% is normally used to pay commissions and other expenses related to a pre- need. Unlike your funeral homes that are corporately owned and because we are family owned and locally operated, we choose to place 100% of the money you give to us into either Insurance or Trust.
Viewing the body helps to bring closure to family and friends, therefore allowing them to accept the death. Just the viewing of the body helps some people come to the reality that a person has died. This can also help in the grieving process.
Absolutely, we realize that no two people are alike, therefore every effort is made to customize the service to one's desires. The service should be unique to the deceased with items such as photos, music selections, video tributes, or even personal eulogies.
Yes. We have to remember that children experience grief just as adults do. We feel it is alright for the child to observe adults that are sad and crying, for it is at this time in their lives that they can ask questions, and we can, and should, be honest with them. We realize that the final decision of allowing a small child to view a deceased loved one or attend a funeral service is to be made by the parent.
To make your wishes known, personalize your service, relieve an emotional burden for your family, freeze all costs and give you a peace of mind.